As with all antibacterial agents, the use of “Amoxil” advisable only on the advice of the attending physician. Features of amoxicillin clavulanate are:
efficacy against a variety of bacteria;
the ability of drugs to break the cell wall synthesis;
resistance to acid;
the possibility of a child.
The medicine can be used in conjunction with food as nutrients do not affect the therapeutic effect. The drug can not penetrate through the blood-brain barrier, except for cases of meningitis. Excretion of the two components takes place through the kidneys.
- Generic Amoxil (Amoxicillin 875 mg) inhibits the synthesis of beta-lactamase bacteria. In most cases, the drug is administered orally in the form of tablets. Absorption of amoxicillin clavulanate occurs quite rapidly. The effect is achieved in one hour when the maximum observed blood concentration of the active substance.
- Parasites human drug based amoxicillin and clavulanic acid is widely used in medicine. This medicament sensitive following pathogenic and opportunistic pathogenic microorganisms:
- Escherichia coli
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Helicobacter pylori
- Vibrio cholerae
Furthermore, tablets based on amoxicillin and clavulanic acid are effective against gram-positive anaerobes. Bacteroides are sensitive to the drug. Application instructions says: “Amoxil” can be used for the following diseases: diseases of the respiratory system (sinusitis, otitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, chronic tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia), diseases of the urinary tract, gynecological diseases, inflammation of the gallbladder and bile ducts, infectious diseases of bone and soft tissue. Tablets Amoxicillin clavulanate often prescribed for odontogenic infections.
Most drugs have restrictions for use. Despite the fact that amoxicillin and clavulanic acid are combined in a single preparation, constitute one of the most popular antibiotics, it has contraindications for use. Instructions for use medication includes a list of circumstances in which “Amoxiclav” can not be accepted.
- Children under 12 years
- the presence of infectious mononucleosis;
- data on the development of jaundice and abnormal liver function in history while taking this medication;
- intolerant individual components of the preparation.
Restrictions exist for children. According to the instructions, the drug based on amoxicillin, clavulanic acid and auxiliary components in the form of tablets is contraindicated for children under 12 years of age with low birth weight.
Since the drug may be present in breast milk, its use during pregnancy and breast-feeding your baby is limited. “Amoxil” with caution to persons who suffer from renal insufficiency and colitis. During the course of antibiotic treatment is necessary to monitor blood count, renal and hepatic function.
- All antibiotics have certain side effects. Instructions for use “Amoxil” gives a complete list of possible side effects. Some of them are more common, others less. Common side effects include:
- allergic reactions such as skin rash and itching;
- dyspepsia (loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, a violation of the defecation according to the type of diarrhea);
- a temporary reduction in the number of blood cells and platelets;
- In most cases, side effects are not associated with severe pathology of the internal organs. They disappear after a certain time. Much less when using “Amoxil” observed the following adverse reactions:
- Pain in the abdomen
- abnormal liver function
- increased concentration of liver enzymes
- abdominal pain
- anaphylactic shock
- hypersensitivity vasculitis
- To avoid side effects of the digestive system, you need to take the medication with food. It is reported by the instructions for use of the antibiotic. It is possible to use “Amoxil” and as a solution for intravenous injection.
Dysbacteriosis on the background of antibiotic therapy:
Often, patients are faced with such a problem as intestinal dysbiosis. This condition often occurs in violation of antibiotic treatment. This also applies to “Amoksiklava.” Instructions for use does not give an exhaustive description of the drug. The course of treatment, the dose, the amount of drug intake on the day determined by the attending physician. Many patients do not comply with the required mode and take antibiotics for several weeks. Against this background, it suppressed its own useful microflora of the stomach and intestines. Promote dysbacteriosis can be part of a course of antibiotic therapy and minor intervals. The situation is exacerbated if the patient has a chronic disease of the digestive tract.
Dysbacteriosis can cause the development of fungal diseases (candidiasis). To avoid this, after the treatment, “Amoxil” should take the drug, which include bifidobacteria and lactobacilli (probiotics). To quickly restore microflora probiotics with prebiotics better balance. It is also necessary to include in the diet of dairy and vitamin-rich foods. Thus, “Amoxil” is one of the most commonly used antibiotics.
On this we-site you can read FAQ about Amoxil. The last question: “Hello! I would like to know how many mg of Amoxil I should administrate daily with bronchitis decease?” Answer: “In the treatment of bronchitis amoxicillin can be taken in the dosages from 500 to 2000 mg per day. In different cases require different dosages and with no experience in the antibiotic, you can easily make a mistake. You should consult doctor.”